The India Project
Copyright: Ukendran Ela
The design studio deals with the use of water and its impact on the built environment. Based on an analysis of historical water systems in Tiruvannamalai, India, we will develop several proposals for the reinterpretation of this site, together with students from Cept University in Ahmedabad, India.
The basics of the research for the trip will be prepared in Vienna and the workshop will be held in India with the cooperation partners of the Cept University in Tiruvannamalai and Chennai. The conceptual part will be prepared at the Cept in India and the development and the documentation of the design process will be finished in Vienna.
The students will learn about the historical infrastructure systems for urban environments and their relation to the environmental, social and cultural contexts.
The workshop will open up for the students a way of thinking of infrastructure and indicate the paradigm shifts that have occurred in the way people have dealt with water and its expressions in the built environments.
Documentation of the tanks will contribute to the building of resources for analysis of Indian history, as well as contribute to a future potential for their revival.The students will learn to work as a group for research.
Introduction: Mon. 16th October 2017, 14:00 Sem.4
Research in Vienna: Mon. 13th and 20th November, 14:00 Sem.4
Workshop in India: 4th-14th of December
Elaboration of the design: 15th and 22nd January, 14:00 Sem.4
Final Presentation: 29th January
Changes are possible, please take a look into the news section in TISS.
Period: 04th - 14th of December 2017
- The excursion is connected with the 'India Project Tiruvannamalai'.
- The workshop will open up for the students a way of thinking of infrastructure
- and indicate the paradigm shifts that have occurred in the way people have
- dealt with water and its expressions in the built environments.
- 620€ to Department of Spatial and Sustainable Design.
- The invoice is issued after binding registration.
- (Registration to: email@example.com)
Flights: (appr. 650€)
- Vienna - Ahmedabad: individually arrival till 3rd of December
- Venue on 03rd of December in Ahmedabad at the hotel.
- Ahmedabad - Vienna: individually departure after 14th of December